Florida College Of Health Science
School of Nursing
Florida College Of Health Science recognizes the critical role that nurses play in the health of our nation and we've made it a priority to help meet the growing demand for educated, skilled nurses.
NURSING, AS (1665 Clock Hours/117.5 Quarter Credits)
(Associate of Science degree is considered a terminal degree. The decision on course transferability rests with the receiving institution.)
Award Given: Associate of Science
The Nurse is a valued member of the health care team. Nursing is a science and art whose main concern involves the life processes that positively affect the health status and integrity of persons, families and communities. Nurses not only treat patients and work to promote good health and prevent illness, but also educate patients and the public about various medical conditions. Nurse’s record patients’ medical histories and symptoms, help perform diagnostic tests and analyze results, operate medical machinery, administer treatment and medications, and help with patient follow-up and rehabilitation.
Florida College of health Science degree in Nursing prepares students to practice professional nursing. Professional nursing involves the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment and nursing skill based upon applied principles of biological, physical, psychological and social sciences. The nursing practice of a professional nurse includes but is not limited to:• Observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care.
• Health teaching and counseling of individuals who may be ill, injured or infirm.
• Promotion of wellness, maintenance of health, and prevention of illness of others.
• Administration of treatments and medications as prescribed in accordance with the standards of nursing practice.
• Students will utilize effective interdisciplinary collaboration within a health care environment.
• Students will integrate evidence based technologies to support clinical decision making.
• Students will utilize clinical judgment and reasoning to promote optimal patient care.
• Students will model behaviors of professionalism in the pursuit of excellence.
• Students will possess the necessary breadth of knowledge and skills for obtaining entry-level employment as a professional registered nurse
➢ Admission application.$100 Non refundable
➢ Minimum age is 18 years old.
➢ High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent.
➢ TEAS score at least 70 or higher on the overall composite score and a 70 or higher on the reading composite score.
➢ Social Security Card.
➢ State of Florida Identification document..
➢ Physical exam complete. (Including immunizations and drug screen).
➢ Submission of a sealed FDLE background check, complete with a fingerprint card.
➢ Two passport pictures 2x2.
➢ Official Transcripts
➢ LPN License (if applicable)
Note: Each course in the Nursing major is a prerequisite for the subsequent course and therefore must be passed with a minimum “C” grade in order to proceed successfully through the program.